11 September 2006

the wales / johnson soundtrack

Well...since Dennis outed them here, I figure this is a good place to create the Dennis Wales / Laurie Johnson soundtrack.

My suggestions, in no particular order:

  • "Angel Eyes" - Jeff Healey / John Hiatt (Master Hits / The Best of...)
  • "Over My Head - The Fray (How to Save a Life)
  • "White T-Shirt" - Tara Leigh Cobble (Things You Can't Stop...)
  • "Harbor" - ViennaTeng (Warm Strangers)
  • "Strange Condition" - Pete Yorn (Music for the Morning After)
  • "All About Our Love" - Sade (Lovers Rock)
  • "Falling into Love" - Dana Glover (Testimony)
  • "Heart of Mine" - Norah Jones & The Peter Malek Group (New York City)
  • "Don't Give Up On Me" - Solomon Burke (title track)
  • "When Love Comes to Town" - U2 & BB King (The Best of 1980 - 1990)

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Dovie,
We have you to thank for this relationship. You'll have to be a bridesmaid...

dennis said...

Dovie- I like the ST, but I'm not familiar with a number of those songs (that number being exactly 7 of 10), so I came up with one that is a little more personal, if I may:

Poor Wayfaring Stranger - Natalie Merchant

Sudden Rush - Erlend Øye

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - David Hasselhoff

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Cake

I’m a Ramblin’ Man - Waylon Jennings

Leaving, On a Jet Plane - John Denver

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For - U2

Foreign Affair - Tom Waits

Vertigo - U2

I Was Brought to My Senses - Sting

Goodbye Again - Vertical Horizon

Guess I’m Doing Fine -Beck

dovie said...

You only know 3 of my 10 songs?? Well...I only know 5 of yours, so I guess that's fair.

However, I submit that all of my songs are good ones...and warrant at least a sampling on iTunes.

Same goes for the ones on my own montage soundtrack.

dennis said...

I'm on it!

BotSO said...

I've been in the Witness Protection Program. Dennis & Laurie?

My contribution (as I catch up) is: "Head Overe Feet" by Alanis Morisette