09 June 2005

not so deep thoughts

Yesterday, as I was walking through the lobby of my office building, I found myself stepping in such a way as to avoid stepping on the 'lines' created by the grout between the floor tiles. Most that know me would probably testify that I'm a little bit 'weird' about stuff like that - for example, I'm the girl who straightens all the magazines and gum cartons while in line at the grocery check-out.

However, I often find myself doing the 'step on a crack, break your momma's back' thing when I'm in a chipper mood and am just being silly.

But yesterday, the thought occurred to me: "Wouldn't it be horrible to be OCD about this for real? And wouldn't it REALLY be horrible if you were a basketball player and be OCD about this?" I mean, the tiles I was skipping around on were the standard 12"x12" tiles - and basketball players would have to jump around on their tip-toes to play my little game.

And then I laughed out loud at that mental picture. I hope nobody hear that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine how bad it would be if the same OCD player was playing for the Celtics in Fleet Center, with the parquet floor?

Bert said...

this is hilarious - you know I do this as well and have to consciously stop myself from doing it.

and by the way - WE HEAR YOU. :)

Anonymous said...

hey, update your blog! You started one, and there are certain obligations that come with the privilege of having a blog!