...not to be confused with sleep-walking. Also nothing like "whistling while you work", because that would be complicated and would just get messy.
Eat-walking is a phenomenon I have see elsewhere, but it seems quite prevalent here in the UK. I see it everywhere I go, not just in London. And this weekend, it happened to me.
I went in to do a little shopping, and was trying to hit as many shops as possible before they all started closing down. There's this great little Mediterranean food walk-up vendor about halfway down Oxford Street from Oxford Circus to Marble Arch...so I knew all day where I was going to grub, but then I realized that the streets were packed as much as (if not more so than) at Christmas...and if I wasn't going to take a load off and have a seat, why stand around just eating?
So I'm outing myself...I did it. I went eat-walking. And somehow it made me feel a little bit like a real local, rather than a temporary local. Mind you, it's not my preferred eating style, but when the food is eat-walking-friendly, why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe that you outed yourself right in the middle of a post about food-walking!
Only about eat-walking...not about anything else.
Post a Comment