08 April 2009

breakfast rant


I'm out of bread. So I had to buy breakfast at the deli in my work building.

My standard fare is at the deli is a bagel with peanut butter...but the nice lady who runs the deli stopped serving peanut butter a while back because of that scare or whatever it was. She's still not selling it.

So, I brought my own jar into the office a couple of weeks ago for mornings such as these.

But I have this problem where I forget to pay attention to how much I'm paying for dinner, or a dress, etc. Enter building deli.

I just realized that I paid $1.29 for a plain toasted bagel...which, by the way, is the SAME PRICE I pay when she puts peanut butter on it. Even with that, it was already a complete rip-off!!

The best part? I only eat half of the bagel. So I essentially paid $1.29 for 1/2 a bagel. And toasted bagels don't "keep".

Isn't a package of SIX bagels something between $2.00 and $3.00 at the grocery?

How does this woman get away with these prices??? Because people like me keep paying them.

So annoyed right now.

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

If you worked at the airport, you might have to pay $5.25 or if you worked at the movies $8.50. :)

The building deli knows you are trapped.

You could start an undercover bagel business at your desk called "Halfsies" and sell the other half of your bagel every morning.

Kristen said...

Death-by-Deli knows you have to pay their prices or else drive somewhere. It's a rip off!