07 August 2005

john stott - a living legacy

The life of John Stott (and that of other legends of the faith) represents much more than a well-lived life. It represents the legacy of Christ. John Stott is who he is because of God's intervention in his life, and the indwelling of Christ...which extends and spreads Christ's legacy. Christ is the only thing that makes him special. Christ is the only thing that makes me special.

But I'm still quite the giddy school girl about having had my picture taken with him today. I was so excited to get to shake his hand and say hello that I don't even care that my eyes are closed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all I got were (previously) signed copies of two of his books...
Glad you were able to go and hear such a man as he.
Denbo

Anonymous said...

Dovie, that is SO neat that you got to meet him! And it's a huge deal! Yes, he is who he is because of who he is in Christ (wow, say that 5 times!), but he is arguably one of the 21st century’s most influential Christian teachers. To discount meeting him would like someone discounting having met and studied under Paul himself. I’m TOTALLY jealous! :)

We're looking forward to having you back for a few weeks my friend! Godspeed!

Anonymous said...

Is this the Stottish man you've been trying to meet all these years? Wow, that was quick. Too bad we can't see his kilt in the picture...sigh. Well congrats, I'm sure you two will be sleepy...er happy!