24 March 2006

i got caught

So...the lift in my block of flats that takes me down to the basement is lined on one full wall with mirrors. I have no idea why this is the case. However, it often affords me one last check on how the cute factor is rating when I'm headed out to greet the public.

Yesterday, I had to run an errand that required transport via Stella...so I was heading down, doing my normal check...and was feeling pretty cute, actually. So I gave myself a little wink. And then I thought "Hey...I'm better at the wink than I thought I was" (it used to involve my whole face, now it's really a lot more like a wink). So I did it again, and was cracking myself up in there...and then it happened.

I had reached the basement a lot more quickly than I realized, and as the door opened, some unknown and totally HOT guy was standing there watching me. NIGHTMARE!Free Image Hosting

Now, why, I ask, does Providence allow for things like this to happen? I mean...I NEVER see anyone in the lifts, so why, on this particular day when I'm being a complete idiot, do I have to "meet" the hottest guy who lives in my building and want to curl up in the fetal position in horror? It just ain't right, people!

4 comments:

The Doctor said...

hey! where'd my comment go?
darn.
now I don't remember what I was going to say to tease you mercilessly. wait... didn't you "get caught" once at Chuy's?

palomita said...

Did I? Certainly not doing the same thing. Maybe caught checking out a hottie in the corner...but probably not, I mean...that's totally not my style.

Anonymous said...

Just how hot was he, do you know if he is single? :):):) You know I had to ask.

palomita said...

Hilarious! I was so embarrassed, all I have memory of is a general sense of hotness. And how would I know if he's single?? It's not like I SPOKE to him! (After getting caught winking at myself...are you kidding me??)