20 March 2006

on record in Paris and Dublin

Another round of friends visiting...another trip full of "trip phrases" and inside jokes that only the ones who were here will ever fully "get"! Oh, the hardships of expatriate (thanks, Mike!) living!

Susan, Debbie and Paige were here for an extended weekend in London, and then we left for a few days in Paris, followed by a few days in Dublin to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

As much as we all know I love Scotland, I have to admit that St. Patty's in Dublin was full of a lot more "local flavor" than New Year's Eve in Edinburgh. It's now abundantly clear to me that everyone should visit Ireland at least once in their life, and I'm already considering booking for next year's festivities!

If you're into the pictures, check these out. (They look best when viewed as a "Slideshow".)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't that be expatriate, rather than ex-patriot? Or do we need to start sending you copies of Tom Paine's "Common Sense"?

And, since you were there in Dublin, did you see anybody referring to the holiday at "St. Patty's Day" in print? My sources indicate that if Patrick's name is to be shortened there, it should be as "St. Paddy's Day." Can you confirm?

palomita said...

Um, yeah...well...there's no humbler a feeling in the world than throwing out some sass only to show yourself an idiot at spelling! Classic!! Please...somebody send some Common Sense my way!

As far as Patty's v. Paddy's goes...I don't know. I've seen it in print both ways, but neither was in Dublin. Let's just say we didn't do a whole lot of reading while we were there.

Erin said...

Dovie, you are too much fun! I would like to potentially invite myself if you go back for "next year's festivities!"

Anonymous said...

brilliant!

Anonymous said...

NOW I see why you had so much fun! I bet you did!

That Guiness picture of the window with the words is hilarious. Priceless!

Todd Richards said...

Great pictures... I am so envious of you spending St. Patty's day in Dublin. I mean really.. the benefits of foreign assignments never end, do they?

The Doctor said...

Here's to you girls. Glad to see that you had an excellent time in Eire. I'm looking forward to a visit there myself. Perhaps next March would be a good time...

The Doctor said...

now- how ironic is that? the word verification was "hehha", which reminds me of hee-haw, the subject of your latest post...

palomita said...

I've already checked into hotel options for next year, and most places won't be ready to book until next month. So, seriously anyone who is really interested should let me know. And if you want to go...you want to go...don't pull that "I'm not sure I'll have the time off" card, b/c it's a YEAR AWAY folks. :)