The curse - which affects the lower lip - is present only in the women of the clan, and some are more affected than others. For example, there are some women who have been given the life-long enjoyment of a quirky (yet clearly cute) and slightly crooked bottom lip at all times. Others of us, myself included, only have fleeting moments of evidence. For example, the curse is most evident in me when I smile too big, which I seem to have a habit of doing quite a lot.
I'd like to think it's because I'm such a happy person (which I am), but I really think I just need professional help. I'm sure there's some modeling-world genius out there who can teach me to smile well, without looking like I just had a stroke! Note example below (click on the picture for a better view).
I mean, honestly...if anyone in this picture showed it to someone who doesn't know me, I think the first comment would be "Who's the stroke victim?" And, if, because this is a public site, somebody did a Google image search for "stroke victim", I'm sure this would be one of the photos that came up, and some random stranger would be thinking "How sweet for all those beautiful people to take that stroke victim girl out for dinner."
Mind you, I think it's a little bit endearing and cute, but I'd prefer that it didn't show up in 90% of the pictures that are ever taken of me. Management...that's what I need...management skills. All I want is to be able to "dial it down" without the assistance of a mirror...and that requires some training. You know, like that Friends episode where Joey tries to teach Chandler how to smile for his engagement pictures with Monica - "Look down...look down...look up!"
8 comments:
Dovie, Thanks so much for being kind enough to draw attention to your crooked smile, so noboby would say, "Forget the stroke victim, what about Crippled Annie in the corner?!" Also, I think you might be trying to divert attention from the pink bow on your purse. It pops. And it's cute.-Beth-
Did you HAVE to post the picture of me that exposes my glass eye???
Dove, you've got one of the greatest smiles out there. It's a great picture. No 'stroke victim.' Yes, 'I'm smoking crack 'cuz I think I have an awful smile.' But funny.... Tiffany
I promise you are not adopted, I can't imagine who started that story. :) It could not have been because you were a bad child, just because you learned to cuss at dayschool, stole cinammon rolls, tried to run away and threatened to call child welfare, you were a wonderful, loving, funny and sweet little girl.
And you smile is beautiful, Iknow I paid for it. :):)
I love you,
Mom
Aren't you standing outside Lupe Tortilla's? Maybe you just had one too many fajitas...you know what we say they are made with! Or maybe one too many margaritas. Or maybe your mom was right calling you a "31 year old stroke victum"...of course you were only 30 at the time :)!
BTW Dove, was the big toe involved in the stroke? Just checking...you know I think you are perfect but the toe has a problem... curling and all.
Mom
Endearing. That's the word you're looking for. to describe it. Like someone who can raise eyebrows separately...
Dovie, ONLY you would notice that! The rest of us are noticing all the things wrong with us, like my startled expression (it's just a camera Kristen) and Laurie's glass eye. :)
I LOVE your smile!
Post a Comment