Yeah...I call that being "pre-friends" with someone.
Troy and I are pre-friends (although I'm not sure he's aware of this status or the name of it).
Troy is friends with Todd and Laurie and all sorts of other cool people in Houston. And we'll be friends if he still lives in Houston when I get back. But for now, I am getting to know him through bits and pieces on several blogs, including his own. But since there's a degree of separation between our blogs, I forget to read it for days at a time...so I've remedied that today by adding him to my links.
Some might call this stalking, but as I established above, I call it being pre-friends, and I'm considering a letter to the OED editors requesting credit when they add it.
2 comments:
Yes, Dovie... I think you are spot on in two ways. 1. your new word is great... and 2. you and Troy would totally get along.
Dovie,
I have not heard of the term "pre-friend" before, however, I like the concept. I love your blog, and I must admit that I have had a strange secret goal of getting added to your blog list without actually posting a comment. And to top it off, the day I finally made it onto your list was on my birthday, no less! I expect to be in Houston for a while, so I look forward to removing the "pre-" when you return.
Post a Comment