I went to my first-ever salsa lesson last night with a friend from work. Two words: GOOD TIMES!
Dancing is one of many times in life when I'm so thankful to be a girl. It's so nice to just be able to feel the vibe and be LED by the man. I don't envy you guys for having to think of the beat, the moves, directing the woman's moves, etc.
I think it's especially hard for a man to lead those of us who have a tendency to "get it" and try and anticipate where you're going, etc. Hmm...life lesson there? Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
Ladies, what IS IT about a man who's got rhythm, can dance and leads well? I mean, I totally fell in crush with the instructor last night...just because he was a fabulous dancer.
Don't get me wrong. You don't need to win "Dancing with the Stars" for me to want to dance with you...but guys, take a note here. Even if you think you're not very good, take some lessons...you're probably not as white as you think you are (in the rhythm department), and the ladies will swoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember how much easier it was to dance with women "of a certain age" in dance class, because they had a very different idea about mean leading than most women closer to my age.
*Definitely* a life lesson.
I don't know about Mike, but I wouldn't want to have to be mean leading when I dance with a lady ;) Speaking as a kind of tanned skin guy, I too chuckled at the "life lesson" that I have seen so many times cause a dance to go from fun to futile. The big problem is that so many of us step back and don't lead when given the position and the responsibility that comes with it.
Dovie, you are so right about the swooning!!
Post a Comment