30 April 2007

selfish sadness

Jonah told me about John Stott's retirement from public speaking over the weekend, but he's also just had a very disappointing email from the folks who are hosting his last speaking engagement.

They think he's going to be speaking on a Tuesday evening, which means there's virtually no way I can attend.

The last scheduled sermon he was to preach earlier this year at All Souls was cancelled due to illness, so I'm more thankful than I can express with words for the one and only time I got to hear him preach.

After a well-delivered and beautiful sermon, I managed to get a picture with him, but failed to keep my peepers open for the point-and-shoot.

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

The vanity in me hates this photo, but the Jesus in me loves the fact that my soul was so close to his for even a brief moment.

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Awww, you're praying!

paige said...

i'm trying to get back in the land of blogging more consistently. i've actually written on my blogs the last couple of days...check out the chicks dig baseball blog. trying to get back on that one this season. miss you, p