10 May 2007

fun with limericks...

Saturday is Limerick Day.

I'm telling you this today because most of my 3.7 readers don't read blogs on the weekends, and likely not on Fridays. Plus, it gives you a chance to write your own and impress people at parties this weekend.

Here's my attempt at an original:

There once was a girl come from Texas
Where ne'er did she leave any exes.
When she moved on in to London town
A sweet, handsome man did come 'round
And overwhelmed every one of her senses.

I found this one somewhere on the Internet, and offer it here in honor of my friends Paige and Dennis. If the first one didn't make you groan, this one will:

A minor league pitcher, McDowell
Pitched an egg at a batter named Owl.
They cried "Get a hit!"
But it hatched in the mitt
And the umpire declared it a fowl.

6 comments:

TLC said...

Oh, I like them both! The first is cute and the second makes me laugh. Punny! However, I'm going to have to dock you one point on yours for the stretched second rhyme on "Texas." It's tough, I know. "Senses" was a great effort, and better than I could've done, but nonetheless, I'm thinking you could've gone with "wrecked us" or something. Hah! :)

Display Name said...

At Dovie's urging, I'm posting this in the comments:

An expatriate sales pitch completer
Writes limericks with the wrong meter.
Her rhyming is fine--
At least most of the time--
But the syllables always defeat her.

The Doctor said...

I once read a comment on Blogger,
that made me happy I'm not a logger,
In a computer age,
No paper the rage,
I can't read book no longer!

(and look at wha happen to me grammar!)

Anonymous said...

I guess people only read blogs while there at work, then...

The Doctor said...

who says any of us actually "work?"

Todd Richards said...

I am a bit sad that I missed Limerick day. Thanks for attempting to keep me in the loop... I will have to be a more faithful reader of the Proverbial Record. In any event, your limerick was greatness.