It cost £400,000 to create and is U-G-L-Y, which has sparked even more bitterness about the overall cost of the Games, which as risen from the original estimate of £2.35 billion to the current estimate of £9.3 billion. Ouch!
There's an online petition to have a new one commissioned, and people from all over the UK are sending in their cut at an improvement on the icon that will label the Games. The BBC has posted at least 2 galleries of images: this one and this one.
Of the amateur submissions the BBC has posted, I think they would have spent the money better by giving it to the guy who created this one:
Or they could have given it to me. I'm sure I could come up with something than the official logo. Or something people would hate less, at least!
3 comments:
That one is AWESOME!
And I fail to understand why a logo could cost $700,000 (or whatever the dollar rate is). Did they have a team of astronauts working on it for a year while in a space station? SERIOUSLY. It was made on a computer, not built out of freaking blood diamonds.
I bet they hired the same bunch of folks who did this.
One of the students where I work made a comment that the college spent a million dollars on Times New Roman. Ours is bad.
I don't get why all the "l"s look like "z"s. Zoizdon is what one of them looks like. And the pink one does not make me think of London. Maybe Paris. Tell them that--and they'll change!
Post a Comment