01 November 2007

i pulled a "dovie"

My company holds an annual Halloween costume/decoration competition in the Houston office. My friends in the marketing department there had a very clever idea this year...they went for a group entry as "Ceiling Fans". See image below...faces disguised to protect the innocent (or guilty, depending on how you look at it).



I decided to send a little note of acknowledgement, and it went something like this:

TO: Employees London
Subject: "ceiling fans"
Well done. Very clever!

Now...the problem is probably quite evident. I can't seem to tell the difference between typing “Employees London” and “Marketing Group” in the ‘to’ line of an email…

Naturally, I made an attempt to recall the message, and that's never really a good idea, is it? It would have been better to just let it go. Following the receipt of about a gazillion "Message recall: Failure" notes, I sent a note to those folks saying "oops!", and tried to explain...but it's like a joke gone really bad...there's just no way to recover.

All this and it's not even NOON yet. I wish someone would just send me home to start the day over.

2 comments:

grinder said...

Dovie.....you need your very own "wanna get away?" commercial.

Anonymous said...

It's ok honey you will be ok soon. :)
Have a great afternoon off, you are taking off right? :):)
Mom