27 February 2008

ridiculous frivolity

I know it's a total buck-waster but I totally want one of these.

I just can't bring myself to buy one...even if they are on sale 50% off. But I bought some stupidly expensive facial slather at Urban Retreat last week. How weird AM I?! (Speaking of Urban, I have decided I should alter my speech when referring to a certain spa service. I shall no longer say "I love having facials" and will hence forth be saying "I love having had a facial". Why? One word: extractions. Can I get an amen, girls?)

This one appeals to the inner geek of an organizer in me, who knows she could create it on her own, so is unwilling to pay for it, but won't spend the time to do-it-herself at home.

Other ridiculous (but maybe not frivolous) items available from the good folks at wishing fish include this little gem.

Now, I just don't ever see me being the girl who reaches up at the beginning of a flight to attach my Plane Clean Air Filter to create the lauded "Air Curtain". I'll take my chances with the viruses and bacteria, for the sake of what little cool factor I have to hang on to. Seriously, who buys this?

1 comment:

Todd Richards said...

This post rocks. I can't say that I share your afinity for the magnet holder... but the other items are especially interesting. I would so laugh at the person next to me on a plane as he/she attached a filter. Then I would start breating their air just to annoy them.