I think this season of Lent is proving to be a music montage of sorts, in the sense that this season for me seems to be all about being faithful to today, every day, and just doing the things I know to do...and not worrying about the seemingly big decisions that await me in the near future (because aren't there always big decisions or big events right around the corner in every movie when the music kicks in?).
It feels like there's not much news to report to friends or to God and there's LOADS of things to report - all at the same time.
Although I'm not really listening to much music right now, I think my soundtrack for this season is relatively unchanged. I'm not sure what that says about me or montages in general. Maybe I'm stuck in a music rut, or maybe some of these songs will always be montage songs for me whenever I need them.
- "This is Your Life" - Switchfoot (The Beautiful Letdown)
- "Where Will I Be" - Emmylou Harris (Wrecking Ball)
- "Hope to Carry On" - Caedmon's Call (Caedmon's Call)
- "She Must and Shall Go Free" - Derek Webb (title track)
- "I'm Alright" - Kenny Loggins (various albums)
- "A Foggy Day (In London Town)" - Michael Buble (It's Time)
- "All That You Have is Your Soul" - Tracy Chapman (Crossroads '89)
1 comment:
Tracy Chapman, huh? Interesting - she comes on the station I listen to a lot (Sirius Coffee House).
I like the idea of your life circumstances being a montage. I may have to think about that one, and the times in my life that I think it applies. :)
If you want to make yourself laugh, go watch High School Musicasl(1 or 2)- it is one giant montage and you can't help but laugh.
Post a Comment