
...remember there are three fingers pointing back at you!
I'm sure my mom has said this to me a thousand times...but some things take a new delivery to really sink in, or raise your awareness and actions toward what your ideal image of yourself says you are (behind, of course, what Scripture says about who we are and how we should act).
I just read this short article by Abraham Piper (son of John) on DesiringGod.org and immediately thought of one of my favorite preachers (who has never gotten any air time here before) named Voddie Baucham.
Just after he makes a particularly piercing point, he often says "If you can't say 'Amen!', you ought to say 'Ouch!'..."
I was definitely saying 'OUCH!' just now. But I was also nodding my head in Amen-like agreement.
For audiences that are familiar with Voddie, I think it would be funny (and possibly even more convicting) for him to sometimes say "Let not your 'Amen!' be lessened by the simultaneous inward uttering of a very loud 'OUCH'!"
No comments:
Post a Comment