I can't believe I almost forgot to post this!!
On Saturday AND Sunday, July 17 and 18...I saw stand-up comedian Brian Regan at the Improv in Houston.
After the show on Sunday, I said a lot of extended good-byes to several friends, because I was heading off the next day for a month in London. Catha and I were going to walk to the garage together, and it turns out we were among the last to leave the theater.
Our loitering and chit-chat turned out to be PERFECT TIMING. As we exited the Improv, I saw a couple talking with none other than BRIAN REGAN himeself! I didn't realize that Catha didn't see him, we kept walking, and I said "I'd really like to meet him, but I'm not sure I want to be THAT fan" (or something like that). When Catha realized we'd just walked righ by Brian, she quickly turned to be 'that fan'.
Why don't I want to be 'that fan'? Well...I'm glad you asked. I don't want to be 'that fan' because I say stupid things like "Hi...I'm Dove. We saw you last night as well...we're like, Brian Regan ambassadors in Houston. I just love that you can be as hilariously funny as you are and not resort to crude and profane humor. I really appreciate that."
[For the record, Catha DID speak, but this is my part of the story. If you want her part of the story, ask her.]
Yes. I said I was an 'ambassador' for Brian Regan.
Yes. I spoke for Catha on that one.
Yes. I felt like an idiot.
BUT...I DID get to shake Brian Regan's hand!
2 comments:
all i could think about while reading that post was that you did not want to be Dat Phan - who is another comedian i have seen recently on TV. for some weird reason, the thought of you saying that you did not want to be Dat Phan made me chuckle heartily on the inside.
by the way....i am jealous.
HA! Dat Phan...he was on Last Comic Standing. Yeah, I don't want to be him.
Post a Comment