22 July 2005

'SuperDrug': a daily habit

I have often considered myself a well-prepared traveller, but it turns out that on this trip, I have really been an embarrassment to myself.

I arrived in London (Woking) on Tuesday, dead on my feet after a few hours at the office...went home and fell fast asleep by 4:30pm local time. Therefore, Tuesday doesn't count.

~~~~~~~
Wednesday morning: "Ack! No hair dryer in the apartment. I guess today will be pony-tail day at the office. Oy! I forgot the moisturizer I bought the DAY I LEFT."

Wednesday lunch SuperDrug shopping list: hair dryer, moisturizer
~~~~~~~
Thursday morning: "BLAST! I forgot my shampoo! [You can see how this realization didn't happen on Tuesday, right?] Hmm...no hair spray either. What HAPPENED to all that stuff?" Yes, I washed my hair with body wash, which works better than one might think.

Thursday lunch SuperDrug shopping list: hair spray, shampoo
~~~~~~~
Friday morning: "DAMMIT! I just dropped my blush on the bathroom floor and it broke into a thousand pieces...oh, and how about some lip liner...hmm...guess I'll need a sharpener." And then as I stepped out of my building to walk to work, "Hmm...first day I haven't seen the sun, and oh yes, the weather guy said it would rain this weekend...maybe I ought to have an umbrella."

Friday lunch SuperDrug shopping list: blush, umbrella, lip pencil sharpener
~~~~~~~

SERIOUSLY! I've never been THIS unorganized. At the rate I'm going, I'll need another suitcase to bring home everything I'll have bought by the time August 12 gets here!

(Oh...just in case the context clues weren't enough, 'SuperDrug' is a local "chemist", or pharmacy for we American types.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SO funny! Don't forget Dena's flat iron! ;)

Miss you already!

heather said...

Clearly a list was not made before you left....or was it that you just packed too late that the list was pushed to the wayside. Either way, the OCD in me is telling you that it is never too early to start that list! Don't you miss me already??? :)

Your comments remind me of Bridget Jones...

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Thursday night is "late night" on the high street...the chemist stays open all the way til 7 PM! Revel in the convenience! Bask in it!

Anonymous said...

Now you know I am not one to say "I told you so".

Love ya,
Mom

Laurie said...

Dovie you are awesome! So glad to see you posting about London experiences and can't wait to hear more!

Dave Roberts said...

welcomed to this green and pleasant land... tho I wouldnt call Woking as being in London ;)
your recounting was hilarious, so keep up the good work/writing...
blessings...

Anonymous said...

So, you're saying I should add Bacon to my UKTravaileListe (sp?)