02 August 2005

my current living quarters

I can't imagine anyone is really interested, but I'm working out the new digital camera, and all I've got so far are a few shots of my temporary housing.

It's nice...but it's an apartment...these pictures aren't going to win any awards or anything!

They're on my .mac homepage, .mac homepage.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You underestimate our morbid curiosity.

Anonymous said...

Dovie!! Your poor closet... don't have any clothes!! Want me to send you some?

And that washer/dryer combo thingy... never seen one of those. How does it work?

~TLC

palomita said...

Yeah, well...I had no idea how much closet space I was going to have, AND I had to pack for a month and carry it with me in a suitcase...so I figured I'd do a lot of dry-cleaning and mix-and-match activity this month. When I come back to stay for 'the duration', I'll be bringing over all my stuff. This is just temporary.

heather said...

Very nice....can't wait to see the pics of your more permanent place and the lovely city of Woking!

Joel said...

Your place actually looks bigger than I expected. Aren't the living quarters in the UK usually fairly tight (well, at least compared to the US)?

Me said...

Wow! I'm impressed! At least you have a full-sized fridge - both of the homes I was in over there had teensy little fridges (though one of them had a second fridge they had put in their garage).

And that shower door . . . oh it brings back bad memories! I managed to make water drip through a light fixture on the floor below because of that half-door situation!

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome, but can't wait to see indoor pics of your permanent place. ;)

Yeah, how does the washer/dryer combo work?

See you in a week or so!

Anonymous said...

Those washer/dryer combos are awful, but you will adapt of course! My advice is don't use it for the drying function - it just wads up your clothes in a matted mess, then you spend more time ironing than if you let them line dry.

That is definitely something I missed while in the UK - dryer fresh towels!