Until recently, I tested as an INFJ. I was always borderline F/J, but the last time I took the test...the results were inTj for the first time. I wrestled with this result, because although I felt like a 'typical girl' when I was testing as an F, suddenly...I felt very UNFEELING to test as a T. (How typically girly of me, right?)
(For the record...most women test as an F.)
After much discussion with the facilitator of this particular installment of the test, I conceded that I am, in fact, a T. I'm still borderline, but most of my DAILY decisions are made from a position of logic rather than feeling. I still can't help but feel a bit mean (somehow) for that...but I appreciate it at the same time.
However, what I have noticed is that although my preference is to do the logical thing, I *always* find myself thinking about how others will perceive the action...so I work to find the best way to do the logical thing and help people understand why it's the best thing, even though it may be hard to take (from a feelings perspective).
I think my cross-over to the J side (did anyone else hear Darth Vadar's voice just then?) has a lot to do with my friends and the people I have looked up to (many of them are Js, and even the ones that aren't have encouraged that part of me) AND working in corporate America (well...and corporate England as well).
I recently read that some experts believe that if a woman tests at 55% F, she could still be described as a T. Maybe there's something to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dennis-
I got your text msg. Thanks for letting me know my blog was acting up! Of course I remember you're an ENTJ...but I didn't want to thunder-steal from anyone.
thanks for fixing it up. Always fun to comment on the blog...
welcome to the club of INTJ people... your name has been added to the list...
I facilate between the F and T (as noted in my comment on your last post). But I find that I am the same as you, Dovie. I think logically... but I consider feelings (sometimes to a fault).
Post a Comment