- Feb 09 was spent in massive house-cleaning efforts in preparation for my current visitors.
- Feb 10 was spent with some new local friends playing pub Scrabble (more on that in an upcoming post).
- Feb 11 was spent on the M25, picking up my visitors.
- Feb 12 was spent with said visitors.
- Feb 13-14 were spent in Aberdeen, sans Internet connectivity.
- And suddenly here we are a Feb 15!
On Saturday, I picked up Basim (and his two bags) at Gatwick and then we headed immediately to Heathrow to pick up Danny and Steffanie (and their 5 bags). So, for the ride home, Stella was carting:
- 4 adults
- 1 very large suitcase
- 2 medium suitcases
- 1 large duffel bag
- 2 backpacks
- 1 VERY large 'handbag'
I'm SURE this is what we looked like:
Don't even try to tell yourself that I'm just exaggerating...people were actually pointing and laughing as they passed us on the M25. And yes, THEY were mostly passing US, because Stella's little heart could barely handle the strain and we were in the GRANNY LANE!!!
6 comments:
too funny Dovie! Are you having fun with your guests?
I'll send an email soon...life has been a bit nuts to say the least. I feel Stella's pain!
I feel so much better now that I know what you've been up to for the past week and that you haven't abandoned your faithful public. That was really a rough patch for me. :)
ha i thought it said you overloaded on stella..
hilarious - how about overloaded on stella while driving an overloaded stella? now that's a dangerous combination.
especially there where the limit is lower...
wish I could have been there to see the car full- it was tight with just you, me, and Basim, so adding another person and all that gear had to be funny...
I think Stella and Greta (my BMW) would have a good time hanging out, but alas, she'll never make it there...
hilarious!
Post a Comment