So, it was "Spring Forward Sunday" this past weekend in the UK. The time change doesn't occur in the States until this coming weekend.
Now, it wouldn't be much of an issue for me if that were all I had to worry about, but (during working hours, at least) I'm going to need to consult this site almost daily through April to be sure I've got the right time noted for people around the world.
Seriously...I think we just need to drop the whole thing. Can't we all just pick a time and stick with it!??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that spring forward would be forgotten about!!!!
I call noon! the rest of you can have early mornings for all I care...
You think you have it bad, my clock went backwards 2 Sundays ago, now the UK goes forwards, and then the US next week. That's nuts! I went back in the fall, again a few months later, I lost a whole day somewhere over the Pacific, and somehow I'm supposed to get it all back when I come home? Man!
Seriously, dude...you live in NEW ZEALAND right now. Do you REALLY expect ANY sympathy from any of us?
Hey, come on, it's hard being here- they talk funny, I have to walk places, "petrol" costs more, and I can never remember to call people in the states until it is way too late to call them. But, yeah, I guess you're right.
Um...welcome to my world, doctor.
That line goes great with your picture...
Things that have always bugged me about time zones:
(1) Why not make ALL of Texas in the SAME time zone? I do not know anybody in El Paso so I never need to worry about waking anybody up by calling to early, but doesn't it put a little dent in our state pride by not being united in the Central time zone?
(2) What is the story with places who are 30 minutes before or after the time zones next to them? India is 11:30 hours ahead of Houston. Not 11:00. Not 12:00. That's right ... 11:30 hours.
Steven...I'm so with you on both counts. Don't you think those folks out there who aren't in the Central time zone feel like step-Texans?
And the 1/2 hour time zone step...SERIOUSLY?? WHAT is that about? It totally bugs.
Probably because after partition pakistan and india wanted a border and timezone to separate them. The Nepalese are +5:45.. go figure
(guess its a brown thing.. but frankly i don't even understand)
-- The 27° latitude passes back and forth across time zones in South Asia. Pakistan: +5, India +5:30, Nepal +5:45, India (Sikkim) +5:30, China +8:00, Bhutan +6:00, India (Arunachal Pradesh) +5:30, Myanmar +6:30. This switching was more odd in 2002, when Pakistan enabled Daylight Saving Time. Thus from west to east, time zones were: +6:00, +5:30, +5:45, +5:30, +8:00, +6:00, +5:30 and +6:30.
Or maybe it's the reason i'm always 30 minutes late to everything..
Let Wiki explain it
It's a Brown thing- even Wiki can't explain that.
My brother had a great idea this weekend. He told me we should only Fall Back, never Spring Forward, and every 24 years we'll just lose an entire day. I suggested that day be a Monday. I told him he should run for President.
Post a Comment