It's going to be a good week. I could sense it when I got up this morning. All my laundry is done (if you ever live in England you'll understand why that's actually noteworthy), my flat is clean, I had a very productive weekend, I have new clothes hanging in the closet anxiously awaiting their first outing, and...
...STARBUCKS OPENED TODAY!
As I was approaching the shop on my way to the office, I spotted a guy sporting that familiar green apron tying balloons to a few of the outdoor chairs. I slowed, smiled and steered closer to the target. I asked if they were open yet, and he informed me that they would be open at 9:00 this morning.
Ten minutes after 9:00, I was walking out of the office with that silly "I'm so excited I can't stop smiling" grin on my face (which lasted all the way through my round-trip journey). At 9:15, I was queuing (yes, I was IN LINE in their first hour of business on opening day) for my first ever grande two-pump mocha in the great and thriving metropolis of Woking, England.
Ah, the beauty of consistent recipes and naming conventions worldwide. There IS a place where I speak the same language as the locals...it's called Starbucks. And in that place, life is good.
Everyone at the office thinks I'm off my rocker, but they don't understand, do they?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Life is Good, isn't it. and those poor English blokes think it is all about the tea...
...as opposed to the coffee I mean, not a reference to the large pot of Boston Harbor Tea from the late 18th century...
Post a Comment