05 July 2006

giggle

I'm composing a letter to a someone called Nguyen Quoc Thang...so I've just written the phrase "Dear Mr. Thang".

That cracks me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vietnamese names are reversed (except in Houston where most folks adopt the western 'personal' | 'middle' | 'surname' order).

So if you wanted to be informal, you could just say "Dear Thang"

palomita said...

I totally felt compelled to snap my fingers and shake my head side to side with an unimpressed smirk on my face while I was writing that letter.

How funny would it have been to write something like "Dear Thang, you may think your project is all dat, but lemme tell ya somethin'..."

Of course, after the laughter subsided, there might have been a job opening in Mustang's London office.

grinder said...

Holy crap stoppit....I just ate and am laughing so hard my stomach hurts!