I am old enough to remember the transition from skull & crossbones to Mr. Yuck. The idea was that too many kids thought that the ol' s&c meant stuff was pirate food. ARRRR!
I don't remember the commercial either, but I do remember the stickers. We had them around the house on various items. I remember thinking it was silly and that any kid with any sense would know not to drink chemicals.
Sorry, Laurie, but it's the kids without sense that we are trying to help. To a little kid, Comet might look as good as Kool-aid, at least until he's old enough for his mom to make him scrub the bathtub with it...
7 comments:
I think I actually remember that commercial. Yes.....I am THAT old.
I'm not sure I have visual memories of the commercial...but the tune sounded familiar.
I do, however, DEFINITELY remember seeing Mr. Yuck stickers on stuff at home when I was a kid!
I wonder what happened to him? Maybe somebody gave him a dose of his own medicine...?
I am old enough to remember the transition from skull & crossbones to Mr. Yuck. The idea was that too many kids thought that the ol' s&c meant stuff was pirate food. ARRRR!
I don't remember the commercial either, but I do remember the stickers. We had them around the house on various items. I remember thinking it was silly and that any kid with any sense would know not to drink chemicals.
Sorry, Laurie, but it's the kids without sense that we are trying to help. To a little kid, Comet might look as good as Kool-aid, at least until he's old enough for his mom to make him scrub the bathtub with it...
Mr. Yuk is still alive and well!
Click here!
Hmmm . . . looks like that link doesn't actually let you get Mr. Yuk stickers. If you need some though, UTMB offers them if you send a SASE to them!
Post a Comment