Has anyone ever noticed that after the first person makes a comment on a blog entry (on the blogspot platform) that the page thereafter reads "1 comments" until another comment is made and all is right in the subject/verb agreement universe again.
Man...that bugs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
really? Let's see.
I share your pain... so I have made life better for the both of us.
Dennis... you are evil.
That is just as annoying to me as when people try to sound smart by saying, "Give it to you and I" or "Mary threw the ball to Jack and I". "I" is a nominative form; it is used as the subject of the sentence, ONLY! It is proper to say, "Give it to you and me" or "Mary threw the ball to Jack and me." Speakers of English know that one would never say, "Give it to I". Good rule to remember is that If you can replace "Jack and I" with "we" then it is correct, if you would replace "Jack and I" with "us" then one would say "Jack and me".
Which is as annoying as when one says, "ask Jack or myself," when clearly it is only proper to say, "Jack or me."
And yes, Todd, I am evil. hehehehehe.....
Post a Comment