06 November 2006

happy week: day 1

After all the drama I've been on about in the last couple of weeks, I thought it would be nice (for me and for you) to devote an entire week to happy things.

Today, I present a list of things that have made me happy in the last several days:
  • Gigantic fireworks shows
  • Decent public transport*
  • Getting a smile from a fellow commuter that you see daily
  • People who smile to themselves on the tube with their eyes closed
  • New friends that feel like old friends
  • Men that break into song at the very sight of me
  • Accents, accents everywhere
  • Being from Texas, which, to be honest, makes me happy every day



*It's amazing how stress-free and enjoyable commuting can be when you don't have to pay attention to anything but where to get off the bus/train/tube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy that you are happy...tell me more about "men breaking out in song". I love hearing abut your happy times.
Mom

palomita said...

More on that later this week...