29 March 2007

maybe steff was right

I went to see Little Shop of Horrors last night. It was Heather's birthday.

Confession: I really liked it. Yikes!

I've been spouting on for a few years now that I "don't love musicals", but maybe it's just that, like with many other things, I'm just really picky about my musicals. Steff has been trying to tell me this for years.

So I decided to do a quick bit of math and let the chips fall where they may.

Loved it:
  • The Sound of Music
  • Chicago
  • Aida
  • The Producers (although I never want to see it again)
  • Mamma Mia
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • Cats
  • The Wizard of Oz (does that one count?)
Hated it:
  • Annie
  • Les Miserables
  • The Phantom of the Opera
I guess it's just that I really don't like the few that it seems everyone else in the universe seems to LOVE...and that just doesn't make sense, does it?

3 comments:

TLC said...

No no no no no no no!!!!

I need someone else to be on the "I Hate Musicals" bandwagon with me! Please don't leave me here all alone, Dovie, noooooooooo......

Erin said...

I highly recommend Wicked. Especially if you like The Wizard of Oz. The music is great, but it also has a story that has some substance, which I find musicals often do not.

Todd Richards said...

I am with you on Les Miserables. I don't know if I hated it, but I certainly didn't like it as much as the rest of the world.

Phanton, however, is a different story. It would have to be in my "loved it" list.

Another great show to see is Movin' Out - the show based on Billy Joel's music. Very entertaining.