01 June 2007

shameless

So, I still haven't finished editing my photos of Barcelona...but feel like I should have at least something to offer my faithful few readers. Now, this may not seem like something FOR you, but really...it is...sort of.

Wait for it...

< plug >

Basically, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that my half-birthday is coming up in just a few (well, seven) short weeks. I thought I'd alert you now if you're the kind of person that enjoys giving half-birthday presents to your favorite people.

If you are that kind of person, it may prove helpful to know that I have a wish list on Amazon.com, AND that I'm not opposed to USED BOOKS.

And honestly, I do want to read everything on that list...in no particular order, but if the first book I got happened to look like the one below...I would be delighted.

Free Image HostingAnd really, there's only so many John Grisham books a girl can read in a row. After the second one, all the characters start to blend together and you start wondering what happened to what's-his-name only to realize later that he's not even IN this one! Basically, I need to be able to alternate between fun stuff and good-for-the-soul stuff, and we all know that reading is FUNdamental.

I'm just sayin'...most of us are not fortunate enough to have perfectly-timed birthdays such that we're never more than six months away from presents...and there's plenty of time for shopping and shipping between now and July 21.

< /plug >

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in do.., um, ice cream... Yeah, that's it!!!

That said, during leap years (which also happen to be Summer Olympic years), I'm actually 6 months and 1 day away from the joy of gift receiving...

The Doctor said...

I stand corrected. There's your half-birthday present I told you about...