18 June 2007

weekend snapshots

Jonah and I went to Kent this weekend. The rain followed us almost all the way to Canterbury, but we lost it somewhere along the way.

Even though it wasn't exactly a pilgrimage, we walked for hours around the city on Saturday and saw quite a fair bit of history, most of which we were completely unaware of...much like one is when traipsing around Rome.

On Sunday, we got out the atlas and picked a place to spend the day along the way back to Wimbledon. There were lots of choices, but we decided on Hever Castle - which we've both decided was a very good choice.

For the picture lovers: here they are. ENJOY!

3 comments:

Me said...

Beeee-autiful pictures! Next time I go to England you are going to have to tell me all the pretty places to see!

Todd Richards said...

For your proverbial record... I am truly enjoying trapsing around Europe vicariously through you.

And I liked the Chaucer reference... subtle, but well played.

susannah said...

Lovely. I can't decide which of my two second-home countries I like best.