11 February 2008

heads up boys...

The biggest oxymoron in the floral world, which can prove to be even more deadly on Valentine's day than any other day of the year:

"beautiful carnations"

I'm sure anybody reading this knows that carnations alone aren't going to cut it...but if you're not yet to the "dozen red roses" place with your sweetie and feel compelled to opt for a bouquet of some sort...may I suggest absolute resolve against the presence of the carnation. No...not even for bouquet filler. Not even one.

5 comments:

grinder said...

In my opinion (and experience), these Strawberry Roses trump regular roses every time.

Anonymous said...

I know where this came from! You are terrible! It's for a fundraiser. :)

Too funny.

palomita said...

I know I'm awful. But it's true. Come on...admit it...if you got a bouquet full of carnations you'd be ever so slightly disappointed, wouldn't you?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Of course, at this point, I'd take any flowers, period. :) The poor male species - they really just don't understand the affect a bouquet of flowers can have on a woman, yes, even if they die in 3 days.

Mick said...

Oh, I don't know...I think there are one or two men out there that really get it.