11 February 2008

i am a steward of truth

Today's dose of Stott is short and punchy!
Stewards of truth
All revealed truth is held in stewardship. It is given to be shared, not monopolized. If men cannot keep their scientific discoveries to themselves, how much less should we keep to ourselves the divine disclosures?
----------------------------------------------------
From "The Message of Ephesians" (The Bible Speaks Today series: Leicester: IVP, 1979), p. 120. Excerpted from "Authentic Christianity", pp. 90-91, by permission of InterVarsity Press.
My first thought was: "YEAH!"

My second was: "Why aren't I (we) as vocal as those with scientific discoveries (and the like)?" I have a few thoughts on that one, but will leave the question out there to ruminate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First... great post.
Second... I love that you used the word "ruminate". I love you for so many reasons... your words are toward the top of the list though.
Laura Bell