08 September 2005

dedication or addiction?



This is me in Aberdeen this week anywhere from 11:00pm to 1:30am after a full day at the conference we're here for...I'm staying in the flat of a co-worker b/c all the hotels were booked, and of course some people decided at the last minnute that they wanted to come...so I gave up my hotel room to stay here, where I have a more 'homey' feel AND access to laundry facilities (which allowed me to pack a smaller suitcase for my two-week-stint in Scotland).

Someone in the building has a wireless network, but the only place I can get the signal in this flat is in the hallway...so this has been my 'home office' for the last 7 days.

I'm not sure if this makes me look dedicated to communication or addicted to wireless Internet...either way it was a good photo op!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went over to my old house-mate's place the other day to reset the WEP key on his WiFi AP. He's got a family of Dutch folks staying there who were displaced by Katrina (they were living in NOLA). Since he couldn't remember the WEP key, their teenaged daughter was braving the mosquitos on the back porch in order to borrow a neighbor's connection. Lots of bug bites to show for her efforts. What we'll do for broadband!

yi said...

i did this too when i was in taipei last march... sat in the hallway outside my cousin's bedroom door for a weak neighbor's wifi signal. i always scared him when he came out.

i forgot you are a mac girl now! are you on ichat? (yichamp)