31 January 2006

my ID10T error of the day

When I came to the UK, the office in Houston gave my old phone number to a new employee in my department. This new employee happens to be someone whom I call slightly more often than once a month.

Now I find myself having the opposite problem from Todd. Every time I log in to the company intranet to look up her phone number, I’m soon overcome with feelings of embarrassment, because I’ve just looked up what was my own phone number for the last 3 years.

I’m writing this today because it has just happened…again. I’ve been in the UK for five (5) months now…when am I going to learn?

4 comments:

Todd Richards said...

This is fantastic!

BTW... love the new picture on your profile.

Anonymous said...

hey dovie,

if it makes you feel any better, the other day at the grocery store, i was trying to pay using my debit card, and i kept pushing the button above the debit button instead of the debit button. the cashier had to ask me somewhere between three and five times to push the debit button before i realized i was pushing the wrong button. the whole incident took about 30 seconds and was quite embarassing.

palomita said...

That's classic. I hate that those things are different EVERYWHERE you go...because half the time, after entering my PIN, I end up hitting the button for [cancel] instead of [enter] and then stand there thiking "What's taking so long?"

palomita said...

Todd...you totally made my day with that.