05 January 2006

Susannah-Jim

When Heather, Laura, and Susannah agreed to come to Edinburgh with me for Hogmanay (aka New Year's Eve), I knew it was going to be a great trip. What I didn't know is that we were going to have our first 'trip story' before we even landed in the UK.

It started with the rival girl group at the departure gate...as soon as we saw them, the competition was ON. (I'm sure they're cool gilrs...but business is business!) We had no idea how or when we were going to win...but shortly after breakfast was served, it happened. Susannah was visiting the rest of us (no, she wasn't in first class...but we were separated from her in the commoners cabin), and somehow, as flight attendant Jim came around collecting breakfast waste, before we knew it, Susannah was wearing Jim's apron and hard at work!



The whole back half of the plan was laughing, and we were the stars of the show (ok, well, Susannah-Jim was the star of the show, but they laughed at us too because we were taking pictures)!

After Susannah-Jim finished collecting the rubbish along her aisle, we were all invited to the galley in the back of the plane for the presentation of the wings.



We left that other girl group in the dust...even if it is because Susannah was picking up trash!

6 comments:

Me said...

Dovie, I swear that guy Jim was one of our flight attendants this summer too! Which airline was this?

You've just gotta love Susannah . . . never a dull moment! Glad you all had such a fun time!

palomita said...

We were on Continental...I hope he didn't try to show you the 'page 3 girls' like he did for us!

heather said...

One more part of the story to add. Because of Susannah's hard work, she was awarded wings (see picture 2 on blog). Not just wings for her, but a whole bag! So we decided during the trip to give them out to people we met. Our two new British friends, Russell and Hamid, were the first to receive wings. Russell immediately attached them to his wallet and is sporting them daily! Then we went met our new friends in Scotland via Susannah (Fun Bobby, Katrina, Matt, and Jemma) and they all received wings the first night at the pub. The best was when Matt and Jemma showed up at dinner the following night (New Year's Eve) and were sporting the wings again!

Good times! More stories and pictures to follow!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that one pair of wings is still stuck to the portrait of that Scottish guy in the pub in Edinburgh.....

Steven and Amanda said...

Is it just me, or does Jim look like a young Captain Kangaroo?

And Susannah ... you may be one of the coolest people I know. In fact, you have easily moved ahead of Dave on my "cool friends" list.

Todd Richards said...

The "page 3" girls need love too, Dovie... :-)

And I agree with Steven... Susannah, you are tops in my book. I will have to think of some way to top you on that.