16 August 2006

keeping it real

Free Image Hosting
I got some new body lotion. It's from Kiehl's. They make really good stuff. I've liked every single product I've ever had with their label on it.

Their product labels are very old-world apothecary-like (well, that's how they look to me), and just beg to be read (I mean, there's a whole lot of text there, compared to the average label). As I read the label on my new bottle of lotion, I was amused by the claims that it makes...apparently, the marketing folks at Kiehl's belive this particular it's so good that this is what they say about it ON THE BOTTLE: "Continued use for 10 days will provide a skin texture heretofore unattainable."

I think it takes a lot of confidence (to put it lightly) to make that sort of statement.

However, I've had (and have been using) the lotion for 6 days, and I think the good folks at Kiehl's are just keeping it real...I haven't even made it to day 10 yet and I'm already impressed with my new and improved skin texture. No wonder this lotion is one of the best-selling things in their shops.

Now I don't want to hear a peep from all you people out there who are thinking "yeah...sure...10 consecutive days of ANY lotion would probably yield a skin texture heretofore unattainable". I'm not interested in your naysaying. Just let me be with my over-priced lotion. It's the closest to posh I'm ever going to get, so I'd like to enjoy my pseudo-poshness in peace and tranquility...as I smile silently to myself over my soft and supple skin. I deserve to enjoy it - I paid good money for it!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I like them because they use the word "heretofore."

The Doctor said...

Botso's just kidding- he uses their shampoo, conditioner, and coloring rinse...