29 August 2006

sad day

My office friend, described in this post back in July, is wearing a short-sleeve button up shirt with a tie today.

He does get points for the button up shirt, rather than button down - and if you want to know about that, maybe I'll write about it tomorrow - but gets complete disqualifiation for today's ensemble thanks to the short sleeves.

Guys...please pay attention...don't EVER wear a tie with ANY short sleeve shirt. In fact, you shouldn't even OWN a short-sleeve button up in a solid colored "wear this to the office" kind of material.

When I saw it, I sighed "Oh NO" (very Phoebe-esque) audibly. He didn't hear. Thank God for small blessings.

For the record, it's not an eternal deal-breaker...the boy can be taught (I mean, he went to Oxford and all...so surely he's a fast learner), but it's still a sad day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pffft. Give the guy a break, maybe he was going for that Apollo 13 look.

Laurie said...

Or Office Space. His name isn't Michael Bolton, is it?

grinder said...

Simple solution.....just don't own any ties or button ups :)

The Doctor said...

Then there's always the guy who is on the edge of the latest fashion trend rebound. Perhaps the fashion gods hadn't let y'all in on that one yet. Let's only hope that this guy to whom you are referring can look good in whatever he wears.

The Doctor said...

oops- the link is not working- but you can read the article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/15/fashion/thursdaystyles/15CODES.html?ex=1308024000en=79a3a77565542c55ei=5088partner=rssnytemc=rss&pagewanted=print

palomita said...

Nice try Dennis. I still am vehemently opposed to the short-sleeve dress shirt.

Fun read...but no deal.

The Doctor said...

as I am opposed to flip-flops most anywhere besides the beach, and a few other things that are currently en vogue... but then I'm no Versace anyway...

palomita said...

I can NOT believe you just dissed the flip flop. I...I just don't even know what to say to that.

Anonymous said...

Oxford? Whatever! Jay went to Oxford and he's certainly not a fast learner!