22 February 2007

leavin' on a jet plane...

Two weeks and a day after jetting home to be with my mom while she's been in the hospital, I'm finally heading back to not-so-sunny England. It's amazing to me that a foreign land has become home (don't hate, Greg), comfort, routine, and the only place I want to be right now.

However, just as I've been finally been 'hitting my stride' in London...I've noticed a tendency when I'm in Houston to cling to my country roots. Let me explain. I'm a city girl through and through, but I grew up on 80s country music. The rule in the car was "driver's choice", and even when I was old enough to drive, my mom still insisted on country when she was in the car. At the time, I professed to hate it. However, for the last two weeks, about 95% of the time I've been in the car, the radio has been on COUNTRY MUSIC. Now, I grew into an acceptance of country music several years ago...but a lot of my recent listening has been to the "classic country" radio station. WHAT?!

AND...I bought new boots and a new hat while I've been here. Call it retail therapy. Call it homesickness. Cal it Rodeo Fever. It is what it is...and I'm a TEXAS GIRL TO THE CORE.

I LOVE being from Texas. It's the BEST!

3 comments:

Mick said...

Welcome home Dixie Chick!

Ulovebeth said...

Today is Go Texan day, so I hope you're celebrating in England. So sorry to here Moms was ill!!
I love 97.1, too. Catha got me hooked. Give me a little Harper Valley PTA and Satin Sheets to Cry On and let me Stand By My Man, and I'm a happy girl.
Time Life used to have an awesome Country Memories CD. I borrowed it from a friend for about 3 years.

Anonymous said...

...a hat too!