Now, normally I would think lots of not-so-nice thoughts about the marketing person who made that sign, and the people who approved it. But in this particular scenario, I have thought:
- "I wonder if they're trying to be clever and make people think there's a sale on when there's really not...just to get them to wander into the store (I bet that's half the battle in the retail sales world)?", and
- "Hmm...I wonder if that's just how they say it here in England, as opposed to 'Buy one PAIR, get one free'?", and
- "I wonder if that shop just happens to sell shoes one at a time, instead of in pairs."
- "Maybe it's just another case of poorly done marketing that ended up with an interesting twist.", and
- "I wonder if ANYONE else has spent as much time thinking about that sign as me...including the people who made it?"
3 comments:
Being a clever person myself (at least IMHO) the first thing I think is that it is a simple, dry wit marketing campaign such as is common over there. Maybe not, but unless one is a unidexter, it is common to buy both a right and a left shoe together (although the unidexter might prefer two of the same side, so as to have a "spare"), so to get an offer like that, I would think to myself, "wow, although the one shoe is pricey, I get to have both for the same price- that's cool, I can afford that."
But then again, maybe I'm just missing it altogether.
Dovie, that is too funny! I bet it's meant to be funny, but you must go in and let us know!
The Astros won today, Dovie! Can you call Brad Ausmus and get him to hook me up with some wild card tickets? I usually don't ask for favors like this, but since you and Brad have gotten pretty serious, I feel comfortable enough.
Post a Comment