21 September 2005

simon

We’re about to move our offices to the 3rd floor of our current building. I’m working with two other people to plan the space: Shelley and Simon. In trying to explain how we plan to lay out the kitchen area, the phrase “Simon did a drawing” was said to me today. With the accent, “drawing” sounds like “drawRing”.

So, in my head, I immediately saw images of Mike Meyers in a SNL skit sitting in the tub playing the character of a little boy, singing “Well you know my name is Simon, and I like to do draw-rings”.

It was all I could do to keep myself from chuckling. I may have cracked a small grin, but at least whatever expression I had was not coupled with audible (and seemingly random) laughter.

4 comments:

The Doctor said...

that gives new meaning to the term, "Drawing room," doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Cheeky bum-looker!

Seriously, the original Simon was a cartoon called Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings. It was on Captain Kangaroo in the US in the 70s, for those of us old enuf to remember. More info here.

Todd Richards said...

I would have shared that little bit of American Pop Culture with them and had a big ol' laugh-along.

OK.. I would have done exactly what you did. When I saw the title of the blog, I hoped it was something like that.

Anonymous said...

SNL! Whoo-hoo!