12 January 2007

memories of 2006

So I'm a little slow...and I have started and deleted this little blurb a couple of times, because, really, does anyone (apart from my mom) care what my best and worst memories are? But, John asked the question on his blog...and even though I feel a bit cheeky about responding here instead of there, I'm doing it anyway...

Best memories...
  • NYE 2006 celebrations in Edinburgh with Susannah, Heather and LB (which counts because we were up past midnight).
  • Getting surprised, more than once.
  • Mike and John visiting me in in London.
  • Tea with Steffanie at the Ritz.
  • St. Patrick's Eve in Dublin with Paige and Susan.
  • St. Patrick's Day in Dublin with Paige and Susan.
  • Finding a new boyfriend every time I get on the tube.
  • Laughing so hard I cried with Steffanie and Danny and Basim. More than once.
  • Speedy Steffanie on crutches in London and Ireland.
  • Kissing the Blarney Stone.
  • The hotel bed in Cork, Ireland, which I'm convinced was made from clouds.
  • My first real conversation with a homeless person.
  • A quiet Christmas with my family in Tyler.
  • NYE 2007 in Atlanta with most of my best friends.
Worst memories...
  • Ending a relationship every time I get off the tube.
  • Not getting married.

For the record, it's not like somebody asked me and I said no and now wish I hadn't. It's that nobody asked. Which, I guess, is more "lack of a good memory" than it is a "bad memory", but, you know...

2 comments:

Display Name said...

Glad you enjoyed our visit. But it was is 2005.

palomita said...

ah, so it was. well...it doesn't feel like that long ago!