30 January 2007

really?

I got an email advertisement today from one of my favorite random present websites. However, their marketing folks must be on vacation...because clearly the B team was in charge of this ad.

The ad was done to promote Valentine's Day gifts. This item was one of the teasers in the email.

Free Image Hosting

What, pray tell, about this little item screams "Happy Valentine's Day"? I mean...what's the message here?

Is it "Love you, honey...have some coffee without me"?

Maybe it's "I'd love for you to make me some coffee and serve it in this little number...sorry there won't be enough for you. -Love, your sweetie-pie"

Somehow, I don't think either of those are the route I'd suggest.

2 comments:

Mick said...

Oh...I hope they do refunds!

The Doctor said...

Perhaps some people who don't drink coffee might want to buy this for an S.O. who does...