The following is a transcript* of a recent email exchange with my mom.
ME: Random bit of trivia: I got a new mattress topper, like the Tempur-Pedic® beds. It is FANTASTIC! I slept like a baby last night!
MOM: What is a mattress topper? Is it better than my 20 year old "Sterns & Foster"?
ME: A mattress topper is something that goes ON TOP OF your mattress. I got a “topper” because it doesn’t make sense to buy a whole new mattress here. I wouldn’t be able to bring it home with me; the beds are different sizes here than at home.
MOM: Don't be a SNOT. :) I did not know if it was like a pillow-top mattress. Will you be able to bring this home?
ME: No. The beds here aren’t the same size, and since the mattress topper is cut to fit the mattress - so it sits on top without any overlaps or gaps - it won’t fit an American bed any more than a mattress from here would. Comprende?
MOM: You sound like Laurie Johnson in her conversation with her MOM. :):) I do comprende!
*Highly edited for applicable content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My precious Dove, I cannot believe you have just blown my cover, now the whole world knows I have a major case of the "dumbs". How in the "world on earth" could you do that to me? :):):)
Now everyone, not just you and M and B, is on to me. :):)
Hope my grammar is correct or you will "out" me on that too. :):)
Love you,
Mom
Further proof that all moms are the same. :}
Moms is (are) awesome!
True. Moms worldwide share a bond with their kids that no amount of reason or logic can understand. And sometimes no amount of reason of logic helps...
It's a good thing they love us though.
Post a Comment