25 January 2007

random thought

I've just noticed there are 9 songs in my "Favorites" playlist on my iPod that start with "Don't...".

That's just ONE PLAYLIST on MY iPod.

Doing the math...that must indicate something like a zillion such songs in the known universe.

Wow. That's a bunch of songs telling people not to do something.

8 comments:

Display Name said...

I guess it makes sense that a lot of songs are imperatives, and of course in our parlance the best way to write a negative imperative is with "Don't."

Of course, there are the outliers, like "Don't it make my brown eyes blue," but I never figured you for a Crystal Gayle fan

palomita said...

I think "fan" would be a stretch, but funnily enough...I've been known to at least sing along with Crystal Gayle.

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I want to guess one. "Don't You Want Me" by Human League?

Anonymous said...

Of course you sing along, you are my child and our road trips are big sing alongs. :)
Mom

grinder said...

Don't Stop Believin'

Laurie said...

Crystal Gayle is everywhere!

Ulovebeth said...

I bet it's that Don't Turn Around song. I think it's about Lot's wife.

The Doctor said...

Is one of them, "don't fear the reaper"? I hope not. Doesn't seem to suit you much. But you've been known to surprise me sometimes :)